Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer Storm

One of my favorite things as a child was a thunder and lightening storm. Living where I do, they are rare. I loved watching the lightening spider across the sky and listen to the thunder roll towards us. It was glorious.

This morning, as I was nursing my baby at 4am I noticed that noise of thunder over my headphones. Curious I opened the slider to hear better and found it was thunder I was hearing. I opened the bedroom window for a cross breeze and saw lightening. So, I ran outside with my baby to get a look. I wasn't disappointed. One of the prettiest light displays I've seen was on show for us. And now we hear the pitter patter of light rain outside.

It'll all be gone by full morning so I'm glad I was able to see it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment