Monday, August 20, 2012

Mondays of Gratitude

I'm so excited this week has finally arrived. This Saturday we are having our baby baptized. We wanted to do it sooner but our church only does them every other month and my brother, who will be the Godfather, wasn't available to go to the classes in June. So, here we are in August and our baby will be brought into the community of the Catholic Faith.

My parents will also be returning home from their vacation. I know they've been having a great time but I miss them and the whole day last Thursday when I went to their house our oldest kept asking, "Papa?"

I'm doing my best to get the house ordered in time for the bbq we're having after the baptism is over. I've got the love seat moved to the front room where we have a playroom for our boys. I know my husband isn't going to be too thrilled about me doing that but I don't know that he realizes how light and easy it is. I think he's concerned I'll hurt myself.

I am so thankful we have access to fresh food when we need it. Lately our fridge has looked so bare but then I realized that was because we have a distinct lack of processed foods cluttering up our pantry and fridge. Fresh food doesn't last for months. It won't even last weeks in most cases.

I am so thankful for air conditioning and fans. It's been hot and I am really looking forward to fall. I love those days when I can open the windows to air the house out and not have to close them because of the heat.

I got a laugh from our baby today. I can't wait to hear more.

No comments:

Post a Comment