Monday, August 27, 2012

Mondays of Gratitude

The baptism is over and our after party BBQ was quite successful. Everyone pitched in, brought food and drinks to share and had a good time. Although I wasn't in there, the playroom was full of children and all were enjoying the toys. I think we had seven little children that were three and under and three older children (8, 10, and 12).

Despite having toys scattered all over the house after the party, it only took me ten minutes to get everything put back.

The best part was that all the food was packed up and put away and my kitchen was cleaned by my mom so I didn't have to do it. I feel so spoiled.

This week my husband is going into work two hours later than usual to take his mandatory furlough of the month. Our oldest is going to be thrilled since he never sees his daddy but for half an hour at night and on the weekends.

We are also preparing for a trip to Bodega Bay. We leave on Friday and my parents have generously offered for us to borrow their newly bought van. It will be so nice to not have to try and fit everything into the trunk of my sedan. I don't think we'd be able to fit everything we need and a cooler of food to boot.

A few more days with much packing and we will be on the coast. I am very much looking forward to seeing one of God's great glories, the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment