Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Mom

I love my mom.

Yesterday, she came to my house and helped me out, watching our oldest and holding the baby.

My mom moved some of the best looking rocks from the back yard to the front where they bordered the grass. It looks so much nicer, even my husband noticed right away.

She talked to our toddler about using the potty and running him back and forth to the bathroom, and then we had our first success. Our toddler made it in his potty. I gave him a carob chip as a reward and as soon as he was cleaned up he was asking for more.

Today I'm heading to her house where I'll go through all the gymnastic Olympic coverage she recorded for me. I need to erase as much as possible before the DVR starts dumping her favorite saved shows. My mom recorded the Olympics for me back in 1996 when I was away in Arizona. I got a care package from her and I became popular for a whole day as we were starving for real news. That was the year Keri Strugg broke her ankle on the vault and won gold for the US team. I still have that tape.

Mom's are wonderful. So helpful, kind, caring, full of good advice, and always lending a hand. I miss her when she's not around.

No comments:

Post a Comment