Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall TV Shows

Not having regular TV has been somewhat of a hamper in watching popular shows. I have been able to watch a few stations using apps and watching online. Here is a current list of the shows I'm watching:

1. Revolution - very cool.  I love JJ Abrams work. The whole premise is so believable I have a hard time believing it's not going to happen in the near future. It makes me want to get involved in homesteading. I want to plant my own garden, have a cow, have some chickens, and get my meat from my land that the local butcher prepares for me. Yum.

2. Survivor - I try not to watch this show but I just can't resist. I think I've missed a grand total of 2 seasons. However, I'm really bad about just skipping forward to the challenges and the voting and ignoring all the in fighting and gossip.

3. The Amazing Race - My mom got me into this show. It's nail biting and fun. I'd want to be a participant but I don't think I could handle the stress of not planning everything myself. I'm notoriously bad at deciphering scavenger hunts.

4. Project Runway - I love this show. I've seen every episode of every season. Tim Gun is my favorite and I love how creative everyone has to be. Some of the ideas these people come up with have me itching to sew something. I also love to hear Tim Gun and his big words. He cracks me up.


5. America's Next Top Model - I don't know why I can't stop watching this show. I've seen most of the seasons and I love seeing how beautiful some of these photos turn out. I think this season is by far the most fair in being realistic with using social media. The public opinion matters.

6. Breaking Pointe - This show aired for 6 episodes at the end of May. I completely fell in love with the ballet and how the company was run and everything. They work so hard, I want to see more. Fortunately, the CW has agreed to a second season. Yay!

7. Downton Abbey - Sometimes I wish the UK and the US were on the same schedule. I don't want to wait to watch it in January. I want to watch it now. Beautiful costumes, great acting, I love Maggie Smith.

8. Call the Midwife - A new series on PBS. I'm hoping it is right up my alley.

9. Bunheads - This also aired over the summer and I enjoyed every episode. I'm hoping for a return because I really liked the characters.

10. Misfits - Another UK show that I've watched all the episodes to. I'm hoping they will continue the series and also put them on Hulu like they have been. It's a fun show with the premise of a bunch of hooligans getting super powers while doing community service.

11. 19 Kids and County - I love this show. I don't care that people think this family is sick. I love that they love each other, care for each other, rely and depend on one another, are debt free, are very public about their love of Christ, and that they are willing to give God the control over how big their family is.

12. United Bates of America - I was able to catch 4 of the 6 episodes. The Bates are friends with the Duggars and have just as many kids. I love seeing a functional big family operate. They are so joyful. I love it. I hope there will be more episodes.

13. Cake Boss - it's just so cool seeing someone turn sugar into works of art.

Here are some shows I'm going to check out that start this week:

1. Elementary - modern day take on Sherlock Holmes

2. Arrow - modern day Robin Hood

3. Beauty and the Beast - remake of the 80s TV show that my mom watched every episode to. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment