Friday, October 5, 2012

Pattern Sale

Today is one of those days that I love being a thrifty mama. This weekend Joann's is having a sale on their Simplicity patterns for 99¢ each all in the name of Columbus Day but I really think it's to sell costume patterns for Halloween.

Simplicity patterns tend to cost $15 to $17 each if you buy full price. Even at 40% off that's still a chunk of change.

Knowing that Joann's was having a sale I went earlier this week to look at their pattern books and write down all the pattern numbers I wanted. On the day of the sale it's a fight over the books and I just wanted in and out.

I made the circuit three times through the cashier (you can only buy ten patterns at once) and spent a grand total of $34.50 including patterns and notions that were also on sale. If I bought everything at full price it would have cost me $511.14. I saved myself $476.64.

One of the biggest reasons I stock patterns is because they go out of print. I remember looking through my mom's old patterns as a child wondering at the fashions people used to wear. Now I wish I had those old patterns because there were some great ideas there.

Next weekend there is a sale on Butterick, McCall's and Vogue. I'm all ready for that sale too.

Here's a picture of all my loot:

No comments:

Post a Comment