Friday, January 11, 2013

Ah Book Club

It was so much fun tonight. It feels like ages since I spent time with my friends, even though we do this once a month, and next month now seems so far away.

Growing up, I used to babysit for the neighbor who would go to Bunco. I didn't understand the game, still don't, but I thought it would be fun to go to a party like that. Then I heard of book clubs but I never thought that was interesting because the books looked dumb.

In 2011 one of my best friends suggested starting a book club. I thought, what the heck, let's do it. I am so glad I did. I didn't care for the first book we read, The Help. The second book was my favorite, Anne's House of Dreams. Then we read The Hunger Games (and all the rest in the series). Next came Wuthering Heights, wow that was good. Then we read The Princess Bride, which I really like. And these past three months we've been stuck on a book called Cartoon Eyes from a local author. I still didn't finish it, too boring. Finally, we are moving on and we get to read Call the Midwife. I've been following it on PBS and I can't wait for season 2. I love a good story.

I think it is very important for people to get together as a community. Book clubs are just one way. We need contact with others, especially with those we trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment