Saturday, February 9, 2013

Struggles

I've been struggling. I admit that I'm not very good at doing things for me. I need to eat healthier and lose weight, yet I find myself sabotaging my efforts. I get to the point where I give up trying to be good and go the opposite direction by indulging in every craving. It drives me crazy.

I hear people say, "Do the right thing for your health. You deserve it."

While that might be true, it feels weird to use that motivation. It's as if I'm indulging in pride or something. "I deserve it." Me, me, me.

I've tried again and again to follow that advice, but it's never worked out. Then I realized that maybe I've got to work with my priorities.

I usually put myself last, being a mom and all. As I thought about it I figured I needed to go right to the top. God it my #1 priority. If I can't do it for me, I need to do it for God. And I can use his strength and Will to get me through it.

This Lent is going to be hard, but I'm going to do it for God. Through him all things are possible.

3 comments:

  1. Hugs! But Lent is the perfect time to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just like you said on your blog. It's hard to do it for yourself but you can do it if you keep your baby in mind. My boy doesn't have a problem with what I eat, so it wasn't a very good insentive. Lent is the perfect time. I can give God all of my suffering, pain, sickness, and addiction.

      Delete
  2. All things are possible - believe, pray, ask, receive. You are my inspiration! Just remember that.

    ReplyDelete