Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blogging

I haven't been blogging for a while. I wasn't sure why not other than that I felt it awkward to type out a post on a tablet rather than a computer with a keyboard. Also, I wasn't fond of the Blogger app I had to use. But I knew it was more than that, so I didn't try to post as I let things simmer in the back of my mind. 


She's right and so is her husband. Blogging is dangerous in it's own way. It is a tool and can be used to harm or heal just like any other tool. I forget this in moments of passion when I want to vent my emotions on paper. With paper journaling I tend to write it all out and a month or a few years later I rip out all the pages and destroy them, not wanting others to read those inner most feelings. Many people write in journals with the hope that one day someone will read those words. I don't know that I've ever felt that way. I want to hide my journals and never let anyone read them. 

One may wonder why I journal at all if I don't want it to be read. I guess, perhaps, that I use it as a way to formalize my thoughts and get out whatever is bothering me. I don't want to be judged for those thought, I just want them out of my head. Writing is the easiest way. Sometimes those thoughts lack charity or kindness. Often those words are judgmental. 

I'll try to blog with charity, thoughtfulness, kindness and clarity. It will be hard, but I hope others will do the same. 

1 comment:

  1. You are right. Words (their meaning)can be easily misconstrued by a reader; but, it is so important to be brave and write down the words anyway. The words you think up and write down may change someone's perspective and outlook on life. Stay fearless - stay brave.

    ReplyDelete