Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Food troubles

Food has been a challenge lately. I've been dealing with major food cravings that I haven't been sure how to handle. As a consequence, I've been slowly eliminating foods, one by one, as I madly indulged in whatever was left.

Last year for Lent I gave up grains. I didn't eat wheat, corn, rice, oats, etc. I was shocked by the results so much so that I decided to keep it out of my diet, but as the year waned on I allowed some of them to creep back in. Corn was a major downfall right around Halloween. I started eating candy and tacos and slid right into the holidays with eating gluten free foods made from a box (note that gluten free products are usually made with rice).

This Lent I tried to clean the grain up again but mainly focus on sugar not being in my diet. I did great. When it's Lent, I find this superhuman power of giving something up. What's weird is that when it's not Lent, I'm not able to do so. It is so frustrating.

When Lent ended and the Easter season began, I stayed off the sugar for about a week more before giving up and bringing it back. I failed here.

My sinuses have been haywire and I've been snoring. Two weeks ago I decided to cut out all wheat, corn and rice again. I've been scanning labels to see what was left. Of course I was talking about candy. Pretty much all that was left was Hershey's chocolate bars or Kisses, Reese's Peanut Butter cups, Skor or Heath Bars. That seemed to be it.

I still have been having issues. I've been contemplating the whole beans and legumes thing. Beans would include chocolate and peanuts. I've got to take them out of my diet.

I wish my head didn't hurt from a headache. No more sugar. Sugar, which is mostly made from sugar beets which are a GMO. And no more legumes. Even the yummy kind like chocolate and peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment