Monday, May 20, 2013

The Month of May

Making my Mother's Day card
Life is so busy. I can't believe it's almost summer. Last weekend we went to a double birthday party and baptism (one of the birthday boys was our little guy). It was fun to see all the children play and romp and throw sand everywhere. My sister-in-law had a bounce house in her living room and our toddler loved it in there. He was able to hold his own against all the other kids in there and he is one of the youngest. My boys seem to be tough little guys.

Brushing his teeth


This coming weekend we have nothing planned, thank-goodness. I have a lot of work to do before June because come June 1st we are having a family birthday party for our baby who will be one. Yes, I just said that we went to a birthday party for him last weekend but that was with my husband's side of the family. This one will be mostly my side of the family. That's what happens when your families live 100 miles apart.

Working on his Cruising
The second weekend of June will be me taking my brother, his wife and children and some of my friends to the Valhalla Renaissance Faire in South Shore Lake Tahoe, Camp Richardson to be exact. When I was fresh out of college I got involved in the local Renaissance faire acting guilds and I had so much fun. About a year before I met my husband I stopped going in an effort to re prioritize my life. While I don't miss the politics of acting groups I do miss the lovely costumes. And because I'm crazy, I'm making costumes for my sister-in-law and my niece who want to dress up for faire. I've got one chemise finished, a second one half way done, 2 pair of bloomers, 4 skirts to make, and 2 bodices. The hardest part is cutting everything out. Sewing is easy.

I have a feeling I'll be sewing more and more the closer I get. I seem to be procrastinating right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment