Sunday, June 30, 2013

Worry

I went to mass today and was surprised by the homily. Normally, priests and deacons don't venture into political talks unless it's an election year. However, the USCCB has issued a Fortnight of Freedom prayer and fasting vigil, so that was our homily. It got me really thinking because I had heard of the Supreme Court's decision on DOMA and Prop 8. 

I find myself very worried. 

What freedoms will we lose? Will our churches be closed because we're intolerant? Will homeschooling be taken away because it subjects the children to ideas the government doesn't want the populace exposed to? Will we need to leave our homes and travel to a country where we can be Catholic in the fullest sense of the word?

I worry this will all come to pass swifter than can be accounted for. Our world is sliding away and we are being left with a atheist society who is hostile to life and faith. 

I pray we will survive with our faith intact. I pray especially for my little boys and their newest sibling still within me. Grant us Hope, Dear Lord. Grant us Hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment