Saturday, September 7, 2013

Bridal Shower

Just a few days ago we got back from our camping trip to Bodega Bay and I've been madly cleaning before tomorrow comes. Tomorrow I'm hosting (along with two of my other sister-in-laws and my mother-in-law) a bridal shower for my soon to be sister-in-law. She is super sweet and it will be one of the last times we'll be able to spend some time together, since after she gets married she will be moving to Ohio. Oh so far away. 

I volunteered to make the cake while everyone else is bringing lunch and drinks. Here is the cake I made:

                                  


The cake mix is a Gluten Free chocolate cake. I made buttercream frosting dyed teal with silver edible beads. I stalked my soon to be sister-in-law's Pinterest boards and found this layout of a cake and thought it appropriate for the bridal shower. You're supposed to use a pearl necklace as a waist band but I don't have one, so this was what I created. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! The color is gorgeous and I love the design. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete