Monday, March 17, 2014

Uh Oh.



Yep. Today was one of those days. 

I was very sleep deprived this morning. In my hunger, I ate a bunch of peanuts as they appeared to be the only edible protein snack in the house. My bad. Poor baby. He had awful gas and couldn't sleep well. I got a grand total of three hours to lay in bed and pretend to sleep. The rest of the time I was nursing, bouncing, patting, and waiting for the baby to be tired again. Then, at 5:30am, Pilot started crying in his room. I can only guess it was a bad dream. I changed his diaper, comforted him, said prayers with him, and sent him back to sleep. 

So, I was tired. 

My error of the day was not picking up a jar of Grandma El's Diaper rash ointment that was laying on the floor in the entryway. I saw it and thought, "I'll pick that up later". Well, I forgot to. Around 5:30 pm my boys were playing together peacefully in the playroom. Normally, they squable over everything. It should have been an immediate red flag. I was nursing. Eventually, it occured to me to inspect what they were doing. If they were being so good together without me mediating, I needed to discover what it was. 

My heart sank when I realized what was happening. Pilot had the jar of diaper cream and was happily slathering it on his face, hands, and feet. The piano had a big grease spot on it, the carpet was greasy, and Hero's face was covered in it as well as his freshly washed hair. Pilot saw me and stated that he was washing his feet. 

Oh, what do you do? I was frustrated that I let it happen. If I had only picked the jar up when I saw it. I could hardly be mad at them. They weren't endangering their lives. I knew they loved that diaper cream. It smells nice and feels good. It's mostly lanolin. 

My big question is, what is it going to do to my carpet?

No comments:

Post a Comment