Saturday, December 27, 2014

Gone but never forgotten.

Today was a lesson in patience. I spent most of the afternoon in the ER listening to the PA tell me tired platitudes about how lucky I was to have children and that I knew I was able to have kids. I didn't say anything to her about how insensitive she was being. I couldn't think straight. This is my second miscarriage now. I am  farther along than last time. I made it to 6 weeks this time. I had two wonderful weeks of planning and building castles in the sky for our newest little one. I thought hard on the logistics of who would sleep where and with whom. But now, like a puff of smoke, it's all gone. I have two little saints in heaven looking down on our family. I wanted them here with me but now I must wait until it is my turn to be with them heaven. I pray I can do well in this life so that it may be so in the next. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry -- you are right; platitudes do not really help. They might as well not be talking. My heart breaks for you and your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh praying for you! I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete